The information about the decisions of the Świętokrzyski Education Intendent on recognition of foreign school certificates or other documents as well as confirming the level of education or the right to further education obtained in a foreign educational system.
- Article 93 – 93c of the Educational System Act of 7 September 1991 („Dziennik Ustaw” [Journal of Laws] of 2020, item 1327, as amended);
- the Act of 14 June 1960 – Code of Administrative Procedure („Dziennik Ustaw” [Journal of Laws] of 2021, item 735, as amended);
- Ordinance of the Minister of National Education of 25 March 2015 on Procedure for Recognition of Certificate or Other Document or for Confirmation of Education or Qualifications for Further Education Obtained in a Foreign Educational System (“Dziennik Ustaw” [Journal of Laws], item 447, as amended).
1. The application form signed by a person who applies for recognizing the certificate.
2. Original or duplicate of the certificate (for review) legalised by:
- a consul of the Republic of Poland appointed for the state on whose territory or in whose educational system the certificate was issued, or
- educational authorities of the state on whose territory or in whose educational system the certificate was issued, or
- diplomatic mission or consular office of the state on whose territory or in whose educational system the certificate was issued, accredited in the Republic of Poland or other member state of the European Union, member state of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) – party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or a member state of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
3. If the certificate was issued a school or educational institution from a state being party to the Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents, done at the Hague on 5 October 1961 (“Dziennik Ustaw” [Journal of Laws] of 2005, No. 112, items 938 and 939):
- the original of the certificate or a duplicate of the certificate with apostille placed on or attached to the document (for review) or
- a notarised true copy of the certificate with apostille placed on or attached to the document.
4. If the certificate does not contain information about the course of education, the following documents should be appended (the documents should be issued or certified by the school or educational institution which issued the certificate or by educational authorities of the state on whose territory or in whose educational system the certificate was issued, along with Polish translation):
- statement of grades received at the examination conditioning graduation from a school or educational institution or credit for a given stage of education,
- statement of subjects and other activities completed at a given stage of education, together with grades,
- information about the completed curriculum concerning the curriculum content, the planned period of learning, the grading scale,
- information about obtained qualifications for further education at a relevant level in the state in which the certificate was issued, including information about qualifications for applying for admission to tertiary education and the scope of such qualifications.
5. Authorisation if the applicant acts by appointed attorney, in the form of an original document or certified for compliance with the original by the attorney or by a solicitor, or certified by a notary.
Place of filing
The application with the complete set of the required documents should be submitted in Kuratorium Oświaty w Kielcach, al. IX Wieków Kielc 3, 25-516 Kielce.
If a submitted application is not complete the applicant will be asked in writing to complete it within the prescribed time. If the applicant does not complete the documents in a prescribed period of time, the application will be left without consideration. The original documents will be returned to the applicant, their copies will remain on file.
Recognition of certificates obtained abroad are the competence of the Department of Organization and Development of Education, the Board of Education in Kielce.
Contact person: Małgorzata Grzyb, senior Specialist, tel. 041 342 16 62.
More information in English: https://www.gov.pl/web/edukacja-i-nauka/recognition-of-foreign-school-certificates-and-diplomas-in-poland